We all know at least one left-handed person. Here we give some pretty curious data of people with this feature.
- August 13 is the day of the lefties.
- A study states that left-handers are more likely to become alcoholics, schizophrenics or dyslexics.
- The connections of the brain of the lefties are faster, therefore, they can be more sensitive to different stimuli.
- It is proven that most serial killers have the characteristic of being left-handed.
- Left-handed people tend to draw faces or figures they see to the right.
- If a woman has a child after the age of 40, she is 130% more likely that the child is left-handed, than if she had been 20 years old.
- Only 10% of the people in the world are left-handed.
-Studies reveal that for lefties, it is 100 times easier to learn to use the right hand to write, than for right-handers to learn to use the left hand.
-Only 1% of the population can be considered ambidextrous.
-The word "left-handed" comes from the Anglo-Saxon word "lyft" which means "weak" or "broken".
-Today, in different parts of the world, mainly in the Middle East and Asia, many children are punished in schools for using their left hand, even this in some parts means that you are the son of the devil.
-In most countries the percentage of left-handed people is 10%, but in Japan, it is only 2%. This is because children are taught to use only their right hand.
-The best athletes in the world have been and are left-handed, as we see in Maradona, Pelé, Nadal and Messi.
-During the Holy Inquisition, the lefties were persecuted and burned alive for being supposed "Servants of Satan".
-The biggest myth of the lefties, is that they come to live between 9 and 10 years less. This myth became very popular, but later it was denied. The study that made a famous organization, realized that it did not take well many data and gave a bad result. Now we know that the life expectancy of left-handed people is the same as that of right-handed people.
-It is easier for right-handers to learn to use the left foot, than for lefties to learn to use the right foot. This can be seen in sports, when hitting the ball well with both legs.
-There are very few cases of twins, in which both are left-handed.
- Lefties are very likely to have allergies to different things.
-Although you do not believe it, a study was done where they put 100 people to see a horror movie, half left-handed and half right-handed. The results showed that 40% of left-handed people were very afraid, compared to 20% of right-handed people. In short, the lefties are more fearful.
-In a study conducted with more than 1.4 million people, it was found that left-handed people have a much lower rate of arthritis and ulcers.
Believe it or not, left-handers tend to have extreme personalities, they tend to be highly embarrassing or extremely uninhibited.
Now that you know this, share it!